The Plan

Update 2017. While we hoped we could revive this project it has not happened. If anyone is interested in taking over, please leave a comment.


Knit lots of hats and scarves for patients and survivors or breast and ovarian cancers to be donated to the Komen Foundation for the Cure, Philadelphia Affiliate. We fully support monetary fund raising efforts for the cure. But we also want to do something which will go directly to those who need to know there are people rooting for their health and survival. All skill levels are welcome!

Please join us! The 2011 project ends Sept. 15th.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Pinkknit News

Happy Weekend Everyone!

So much has happened in this first week I thought I would put together a post about it all. If you haven't started knitting yet don't worry. This is looking like the perfect weekend to stay inside and knit. It is supposed to storm all weekend in Philadelphia. I just made a pot of tea and when I'm finished with this post I'm going to get the cat to sit on my lap and I'm going to knit.

We've had a very exciting week in terms of statistics:
* We've had over 600 page views this month, with a huge spike of views on Monday and Tuesday.
* 46 people like us on Facebook.
* 4 people have signed up to post on the blog with two pending invitations.
* 1 new person joined us as a follower.
and....
Three independently owned yarn shops have joined our project and will be offering a 10% discount on yarn purchases for the Pinkknit-a-thon!
Check out:
Nangellini on South St in Center City, Philadelphia
The Tangled Web in Chestnut Hill, PA
and Lancaster Yarn Shop in Intercourse, PA.
You will also be able to find links to these shops on the "Participating Yarn Shops" page.

Thank you all for your support!

I started my hat this morning. So far so good. I really love this yarn! I'm starting to think about how to finish the hat off. Specifically, how can I use the gap of the garter stitch band to do something artistic. I don't know if I want to sew it up, or maybe leave it open. Maybe I want to knit or crochet some little flowers to sew on there, or maybe I'll look through my funky button collection and maybe I can sew something cool on right there. Hmmm.... I'll let you know!

How are you all doing? Anybody else have anything to post?

No comments:

Post a Comment