The Plan

Update 2017. While we hoped we could revive this project it has not happened. If anyone is interested in taking over, please leave a comment.


Knit lots of hats and scarves for patients and survivors or breast and ovarian cancers to be donated to the Komen Foundation for the Cure, Philadelphia Affiliate. We fully support monetary fund raising efforts for the cure. But we also want to do something which will go directly to those who need to know there are people rooting for their health and survival. All skill levels are welcome!

Please join us! The 2011 project ends Sept. 15th.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It's Happening!

We've been given the approval from the Philadelphia Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation for fighting breast cancer to officially use their name to donate to their cause. We hope you will join us this week to start knitting a scarf for Breast Cancer patients and survivors.

This week's assignment:
Purchase yarn of your choice. We encourage you to choose something luxurious, pure wool, cotton, or a silk blend - something you would like to wear yourself. (Acrylic - not so much - these ladies are sick - let's spoil them!)
During the next week we will post how to start - how many stitches to cast on etc. Therefore - please join our followers section! That way you will know the instant we post.

We encourage you to patronize your local yarn stores for recommendations:
(In Philadelphia) These are:

Loop

1914 South Street, Philadelphia PA
215 893 9939 | 877 893 9939 open 7 days from 11 to 6

Rosie's Yarn Cellar
2017 Locust St
Philadelphia, PA 19103
215.977.9276

Sophie's Yarns
739 S 4th St
Philadelphia, PA 19147
(215) 825-5648

Outside of Philadelphia? - we encourage you to patronize your local yarn store and discuss your options with them.
Please let us know you are committed to this project so that we can add you to our "committed participants" list at the top of the page.
Any other questions or comments? Submit a comment and we will be sure to answer.

Looking forward to "meeting" you!

7 comments:

  1. Count me in! I have some pink dye and I think I will dye some alpaca that I already have. I am about to leave town for a vacation and will cast on when I get home, so I may be a little behind at first. But I'll catch up. Love this idea! Jennifer R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy to have you Jennifer!! Welcome and happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm a new friend of Rosanna's from the LA Modern Quilt Guild and I would love to join - I just sent Tara an email.
    Best,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in! I'm in! But Tara knew that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay Stevie! But I couldn't remember. Is grandma in too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can count me in. I'm a newbie with a few projects under my belt. This is great idea for a great cause and I'm happy to help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Clay!
    Glad to have you on board!
    -lisa

    ReplyDelete