The Plan

Update 2017. While we hoped we could revive this project it has not happened. If anyone is interested in taking over, please leave a comment.


Knit lots of hats and scarves for patients and survivors or breast and ovarian cancers to be donated to the Komen Foundation for the Cure, Philadelphia Affiliate. We fully support monetary fund raising efforts for the cure. But we also want to do something which will go directly to those who need to know there are people rooting for their health and survival. All skill levels are welcome!

Please join us! The 2011 project ends Sept. 15th.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

A few more hats in the bag

My knitting has been slow of late -- thanks to the heat, mostly -- but I'm still chugging along! I finally finished the braided hat:

It turned out well, but it's a little big and floppy. I think I made a gauge error -- the non-braided sections turned out much wider than I thought, and I probably should have stopped short on the top. Still, the hat fits and is very soft and comfortable.

I swear that I next made several attempts at the warrior hat, which is just beautiful, but I just couldn't wrap my head around the pattern. Instead, I brushed up on cables with this simple hat:


This one, which we nicknamed "Pinky" because of its resemblance to one of the Pac-Man ghosts (ha!), turned out great. It also reminded me that cables are not as hard as they appear. I'm going to do my best to tackle the warrior hat before the end of this project.

Finally, I combined a few of my yarns into one of my favorite crochet hat patterns, the cupcake hat!

Ok, so that's not really what it's called, but it does look like a dessert, no? In my enthusiasm, however, I forgot that this hat turns out rather small. So it's cute, but definitely for a smaller head.

I've got the 7-8 hat started, and here's hoping for cooler temps in the coming weeks so even more knitting can commence!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Cary! Beautiful Hats! Thanks so much for posting. :)

    ReplyDelete