The Plan

Update 2017. While we hoped we could revive this project it has not happened. If anyone is interested in taking over, please leave a comment.


Knit lots of hats and scarves for patients and survivors or breast and ovarian cancers to be donated to the Komen Foundation for the Cure, Philadelphia Affiliate. We fully support monetary fund raising efforts for the cure. But we also want to do something which will go directly to those who need to know there are people rooting for their health and survival. All skill levels are welcome!

Please join us! The 2011 project ends Sept. 15th.

Monday, October 4, 2010

The first "How we did" Post

Hello All! I just wanted to share what we've accomplished. I'm still waiting on about five scarves I think? I'm sure they are on their way.
I am thrilled with what we have so far. Everyone made beautiful variations on all of the patterns, used fabulous different colors, and we had some interesting surprises. I am deeply grateful to all participants. Thank you for taking your time to knit something for a complete stranger. I keep hearing phrases such as... "when I do this project next year"... which to me sounds like this was a success. This was our pilot project and so if any of you have feedback for us - we would love to hear it.

Here are the scarves we have so far:
Anne's scarf with some beautiful cable swatches.
Lori's scarf in a fabulous "grapefruit pink" color!
Cary's was the surprise - um, somehow it got felted. The best part of the surprise? All the patterns still look wonderful!
Jess's first knitting project. What a trooper! Learned how to knit just for the knit-a-thon.
And last but certainly not least, Stevie's Grandma knitted like crazy! Yes, that would be seven scarves for the project. Apparently she said to Stevie - I still have more pink yarn, should I keep knitting?
Oh yes, and all of your scarves have passed a rigorous inspection process:
Thank you again for all your hard work - stay tuned for more as they come in.
Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment